Thursday 17 May 2018

Own work: The Baptist Chapel, Bourne

     Here is something I prepared earlier when I was in a very John Piper mood.  It's of the Baptist Chapel in west St Bourne, Lincolnshire. It is a rather powerful piece of architecture and I've always been inclined to credit Bryan Browning, beloved of this parish, with the design. I have no documentary evidence for this, unhappily. I've asked at the chapel a couple of times but nobody had a clue. I did the painting Wednesday and it probably took about three hours - perhaps less.  Thankfully less than half that time was actually spend siting in the cold drawing. Mixed media - pen and ink, watercolour, gouache oil pastel over pencil underdrawing on Acid free, Archival, 300gsm watercolour paper.  The most Piperesque thing I've done to date.




No comments:

Post a Comment